The Mystical Arts of Tibet
Use tab to navigate through the menu items.
House of Cards
The Drepung Loseling monks were invited to appear throughout an episode with the construction of a mandala sand painting. The mandala sand painting represents the nature of impermanence and as such plays a pivotal role in the storytelling.
CNN Belief Blog
It took six days for a group of Buddhist monks to create an extravagant sand mandala at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. But you can watch the entire process in about two minutes thanks to a time-lapse video.
• Texas State University reporting on the monk’s visit
• Bud Werner Memorial Library Blog - 2015
• Smithsonian Sackler Gallery
• MY HERO International Film Festival Winner by Cascia Films
S3:E7:C33 Recap "Nothing is Forever"
• ArtsBeat Blog for the New York Times