The Mystical Arts of Tibet
House of Cards
The Drepung Loseling monks were invited to appear throughout an episode with the construction of a mandala sand painting. The mandala sand painting represents the nature of impermanence and as such plays a pivotal role in the storytelling.
CNN Belief Blog
It took six days for a group of Buddhist monks to create an extravagant sand mandala at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. But you can watch the entire process in about two minutes thanks to a time-lapse video.
• Texas State University reporting on the monk’s visit
• Bud Werner Memorial Library Blog - 2015
• Smithsonian Sackler Gallery
• MY HERO International Film Festival Winner by Cascia Films
S3:E7:C33 Recap "Nothing is Forever"
• ArtsBeat Blog for the New York Times